Monday, December 1, 2008

What's up with Twilight?


Okay...I'm a little out of touch. Just recently I heard about the Stephanie Meyers books (the real, real long ones). It wasn't until the movie Twilight was coming out that I paid that much attention to them. Then I saw 5 or 6 girls reading them at school one day. And now almost every girl that I've talked to has read them. So I have to ask, what is the attraction? Why are so many teenage girls spending the time it takes to read this series of books? If you have read any of the Twilight book, comment on this post and tell me why you read them. What did you like about them? Why do you think they are so popular? I've got to get to the bottom of this.

1 comment:

Steffi Kirkendoll said...

Hey Reid, Glad to know you are blogging, too. I just finished the last book in the series. I, too, just had my eyes opened to the popularity of "good vampires" after seeing MANY of my students reading them in my class. They are pretty good books as far as Tween fiction goes. A bit more romantic than Harry Potter, which is more action based. That is probably why they appeal to the teen girl population. Stephanie Meyer is hailed by her church (The church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints) as promoting abstinence until marriage and strong family values in the book, which is actually true. Not that I am normally a proponent of Mormonism, but it is true. The books are pretty wholesome - romantically anyway......read my blog sometime! http://iloveredlipstick.blogspot.com

Your cuz, steffi