Friday, January 16, 2009

too much pressure

Gift cards.  Free movie passes.  These are the things which cause undue stress upon my feeble existence.  If you buy me a gift or take me to the movies, I'm grateful.  Heck...I'm ecstatic. But give me a gift card or a free movie pass and I'm a total wreck.  I don't want to waste the money on something I'll never use.  I don't want to see a movie that I won't like or enjoy.  It's just too much pressure.

I've noticed that I've passed this debilitating trait on to my daughter.  She received a gift card to Target from Christmas.  So I took her to Target to spend her money.  It took her 2 1/2 hours to spend the $20 bucks and then I had to chip in another $10.  She didn't want to buy something that she wouldn't like and therefore waste the gift card.  In fact, she couldn't find anything for $20 that she wanted and I had to add the extra money.  But, her favorite toy for Christmas was a $15 Webkinz.  Go figure.

I have come to the conclusion that for every dollar of monetary value on a gift card a single minute of my life is lost.  So thanks for the gift cards and movie passes I got for Christmas.  Because of you, my life is one hour shorter.

1 comment:

Steffi Kirkendoll said...

You crack me up! Gift cards are my favorite. It's giving the GIFT OF SHOPPING!!!!!!!